Join The Team
In our experience, good people are hard to find at the best of times and they're impossible to find at the exact moment we really need them. Which is why we ask talented people to get in touch with us whenever they darn well like. Who knows, we might have the perfect role for you right now and if we don’t we will get back in touch with you the moment we do.
Customer Obsessed Sales Manager with a True Passion for Technology...
Are you sick of paying the mortgage on an overpriced Auckland house only to sit on the Motorway for two hours to get to and from it? Are you looking to make the move to Tauranga - NZ's fastest growing city, but don't want to compromise your career? Are you passionate about utilising technology to deliver true business value for clients? Do you want to work with a team that is taking on the big boys and winning? Well hold onto your hat – we have the role for you (did we mention you must also love a good cliche?).
Cucumber has been around for 13 years and over that time have built a reputation on delivering innovative, measurable, award winning technology solutions for some of NZ's leading businesses such as PGG Wrightson, Contact Energy, PwC and Bayer. We pride ourselves on working closely with our customers to analyse their toughest challenges and then "smash" them by leveraging a range of technologies. We engage at all levels of the enterprise with an obsession for adding value with each interaction. As such we seek people with similar drive and ‘fit’ to join our growing family.
We are experiencing strong growth and are looking to introduce new service lines which will see a change in the type of solutions we provide and how we engage with organisations in NZ and beyond. We are seeking an exceptional Sales Manager to join our ambitious Senior Management team. This position will be based in our HQ in Tauranga, Bay of Plenty but regular travel will be required in NZ and from time to time Australia.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Manager that is passionate about, and experienced in using the latest technology to deliver results. You'll be equally comfortable providing input into our strategic direction, operationalising from a sales perspective, building sales capability internally, as well as getting out and about bringing on new clients. The Sales Manager is ultimately responsible for the growth of Cucumber revenue streams. This includes two core aspects:
- Sales: Defining and executing lead generation strategies, pipeline management, new client conversion, client relationship management, partner management and leading the consultancy based sales approach for and with the Cucumber team.
- Market Insight: Using market insight to facilitate the development of the Cucumber products and services offered to market. This includes business model optimization to increase reoccurring revenue, identifying market opportunities (in specific verticals, geographies, product sets and the like) and developing go to market strategies for new service lines.
While you will have a small team to begin with, you will have to get your hands dirty initially and build the pipeline in order to grow the business and the team. So if you are more comfortable directing than doing, this role isn't for you. However there is real career development potential into a broader General Manager position for the right person.
If you're as excited as we are about what the future holds for our industry, our company and our team – apply now.
Sitecore Technical Lead
- Are you able to motivate and lead a team of Developers to successful delivery?
- Do you have a true passion for technology, data and delivery results?
- Would you like to work with a fun, award winning team to deliver great customer experiences?
Yes? Then we are what you've been waiting for in your career….
Cucumber listens intently to our customers, works closely with them to investigate and analyse their toughest challenges and then smashes them by leveraging emerging technologies. We engage at all levels of the enterprise with a passion, skill and a near obsession for adding value with each interaction. As such, we seek people with similar drive and ethics to join our growing team of 35 people. Right now we are seeking an exceptional Sitecore Technical Lead. This new position will be based in our HQ in beautiful Tauranga, Bay of Plenty with occasional travel to client sites.If that’s not enough to tempt you, how about a few Cucumber facts. We:
- Are in growth mode
- Have the highest number of Sitecore developers in NZ
- Are seen as the NZ leading partner of Sitecore services
- Have 3 international Sitecore awards under our belt
- Have a Sitecore MVP in our team (only one of three in NZ)
- Have enterprise clients who have ambition and budget to match
- Care about our people – a huge opportunity for the right person
As Sitecore Technical Lead your main focus is working with our current and prospective clients to understand their strategy and ensure Cucumber is implementing scalable, best practice Sitecore sites to create and maintain long-term sustainable relationships. A senior member of the development team and reporting to the Cucumber CTO, the Sitecore Technical Lead is also responsible for leading (including day to day management) a small group of developers and be excited about mentoring and influencing them to deliver results. Your previous experience with hands on development will be evident and your strong technical ability will back this up.
To hit the ground running as Sitecore Technical Lead, you will be good at:
- Coding: We believe that our technical leaders should always be coding, exploring new areas and challenging themselves. You will ensure all code is delivered to .Net & Sitecore best practices.
- Architecture: You will be comfortable working with clients and the development team to lead the solution architecture approach for Sitecore projects and designing the best solution within scope that works for our client
- Agile: We use agile delivery practices across all of our projects. You will be experienced working with SCRUM using Continuous Delivery and enjoy working with these practices.
- Understanding: Playing a major part in the entire lifecycle of solution delivery, you will have knowledge and experience from ideation, to UX, to architecture, to code, to testing and deployment.
- Mind-set: Thinking big and acting fast, you will need a start up mind-set with enterprise awareness. You can manage competing priorities and adjust plans quickly to meet project outcomes.
- Mentoring: We continuously share knowledge and learn from each other. With the technical experience you bring, you will be an inspirational teacher to your peers, mentoring the team and bringing them up to speed on new approaches, languages and skills.
- Influencing: You understand both the client’s problem and technical solution and you’re able to advocate for excellence and effect change.
- Communication: Your people skills will be used just as much as your coding and technical skills, so solid communication and experience dealing with clients at a high level is essential to your success.
- Awareness: You will be able to keep up with the current state of the entire project at all times and be fully aware of any potential blockers. If there is an internal or external force that threatens slowing the project down, then you should know about it.
No experience in Sitecore? But consider yourself in the “Technical Lead A Team” – then we’re keen to hear from you too.
Cucumber is where technology passion and family values combine to make a truly unique company. So if you would like to exercise your true potential, be mission critical to the team and clients you are servicing, and be highly valued.....then please contact us today!
We’re always looking for talented fresh-thinking Sitecore developers to join our team. If the stuff below makes sense to you we would love to talk.
- Sitecore Certified Developer with 12months+ of hands on development experience in Sitecore.
- 4+ years of hands-on development experience in Microsoft C#. Net, ASP .Net (4.0 upwards)
- Experience with HTTP Protocol and web services.
- MSSQL Database design and development.
- Hands on development experience of Sitecore DMS and/or WFFM
- Knowledge of/experience of configuring ECM 2.0
- MVC, Entity Framework design patterns
- Experience with other CMS platforms (preferably Umbraco or Kentico)
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Passionate about the online world
- Good team player
- Good communicator